Sunday, August 8, 2010

Smart Closet Conversion Project

Our third bedroom has been converted to my office and I am at a stand still because it is small, no doubt.  I currently have a dresser, a pretty large vintage table turned desk, a large wicker rocking chair and another odd ball table that holds my printer and a few other things.  I also want to put a twin bed in here so I've been trying to get creative and figure out how to make this all work.  Here's a great idea I got out of a magazine.

The faux armoire......I am going to take the doors off and either paint the interior closet a fun color, wallpaper or I though of cutting foam core board the size of the back and applying a cute paper or fabric to it. This may be the least expensive and less time consuming (I'm all about that!) Plus, it's non permanent so I can change it at any time. It's hard to see in the picture but the walls I have already painted a light neutral gray, going for the beachy cottage theme in here.  I have a twin headboard and a bedside table being made by the amazing Refreshed Decor and will put up drapery panels hanging from the very top of the ceiling which will help make the room look larger, I hope...he he....

So, the before pics came out pretty dark, it's over cast out right now but you get the idea.....I hope to get this all done by first of October.  I will be out of commision for a week or so with surgery but can't wait to start! This is the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment